Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holiday Road Trip

Dexter travels over the holiday break






     I did not know what was happening when the guys were loading up the car with my private box and my food and water dishes.  Next, Neil took me out and Eric opened the door and we were in the car.  It wasn’t my first time, but there were all kinds of things in it so I knew we were going a long way.  I wanted to see all the trees and birds outside.  Neil let me look around the front and out of the big window and then I jumped down to where it was cooler because I was thirsty.  I had to stay there for a little while until we stopped.




     I stayed in my own apartment at Cousin Dale’s where there were pictures of other animals.  There was a bigger cat there than me, but he was really quiet.  There were many places I had to check out, but I didn’t find any mice.  I tried hard, though.  Neil’s family came down and visited, which was a lot of fun.

     Two days later we were leaving early in the morning.  There was white fluffy snow everywhere and the guys thought there would be a lot more.  I kept trying to tell them that they had forgotten my scratching pad, but they wouldn’t listen. 

The car made some weird noises when we hit wet stuff and I could see other cars off the road.  I was worried, but we made it home fine.  Travel is very broadening and I look forward to my next trip!

5 comments:

The Lee County Clowder said...

Sounds like you had a fun time on your trip, Dexter. We mostly dpn't get to go anywhere (except the V*T, which doesn't really could!)

Did you get to look out the windows while you were moving?

Dexter said...

Yeah, that was the best part! I felt a little queasy at first, but then it was fun watching the purring things (cars) pass by so fast. There were some really big ones too!

Cherry City Kitties said...

We never thought of a car ride like that... ours always seem to end up at the v-e-t! Glad you'rs was more fun!
Harry, Dexter (yeah, I know... cool name, huh?) and Tipp

The Florida Furkids said...

You're lucky to get to travel. Like the Lee County Clowder, we only go to the V-E-T and that's NO fun at all!!

The Florida Furkids

Dexter said...

Happy to meet all of you! Hope you get to go on a fun ride really soon.